Sunday, January 27, 2008

Penelope and Monica Cruz Design For Mango

You aren't seeing double. Penelope Cruz and her sister Monica Cruz pose for these new ads for Mango. Besides the uncanny resemblance between sisters, they also share a great sense of style. The sisters are only three years apart (Penelope is older) yet they look like they can be twins.

After the success of their 2007 Fall/Winter Collection for Mango, the sisters are returning again, designing a new line for Spring/Summer 2008.

The new ads are fun and casual. I love how they mix red and white, afterall red is one of my favorite colors. The black and white ad plays with the idea of women wearing men's clothing. The over-sized button shirt look like something women could steal from a boyfriend or brother's closet. It will be interesting to see if the sisters actually incorporated such a look into their line.


Do I believe that they both really designed the clothes themselves? I mean it's hard to tell. How much do actors truly know about designing clothes? Of course they are in a business dependent on image and style, but isn't that what stylist are for? Do I think that Penelope and her sister drew some sketches or actually took out some scissors, or draped fabric? No. I do however believe that they incorporated their taste into the line. I love Penelope's style and consider myself a fan of the Fall/Winter 2007 line and cannot wait to see what the Spring line has in store.







More images from the campaign:


























1 comment:

empty-pain said...

I adore your posts! :D

You're great!