Monday, February 25, 2008

Academy Awards 2008 - Not A Fan

Heidi Klum's fiery crimson dress definitely made a statement on the red carpet. I'm just not sure if it was a good one. People will probably be torn on this look because it is the Oscars and this is the ceremony to be dramatic. Maybe the dress combined with her huge bun turned me off. The long train and large collar seemed a bit much leaving her looking like she was wrapped up in fabric.










I know what you might be thinking. What is Cameron Diaz doing on this list? But my first reaction to Cameron on the red carpet was just plain blah. She didn't stand out on the carpet and the dress didn't do anything for her complexion. The look on a whole, her hair, makeup, and Christian Dior dress were boring, and she remained forgetable by the end of the night.










I hate to do it because I love Catherine Heigl, but I really did not like her dress, hair, or makeup. The Escada dress reminded me of a high school prom. Her hair and makeup looked to overdone. You can see in her closeups that it looks like her makeup was spray painted on. She was going for old Hollywood glamour but didn't nail it. She looked a little out dated.










Wrong color, wrong color, wrong color. I love big bold colors but this dandelion Roberto Cavalli dress did nothing for Kelly Preston. The dress is simple in structure and I feel she would have looked better in a different color.













Tilda Swinton is known for her quirky sense of style. I do respect her decision to dress to the beat of her own drum however this Lanvin dress is completely unflattering and not body conscious. It's dark and has a lot of fabric draped. She did a great job at hiding herself.












Looks like Daniel Day-Lewis forgot to look in the mirror before he left his home. I guess it doesn't matter much though. He won Best Actor.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yea but what are your FAVORITES?!

:D