Thursday, March 6, 2008

Project Runway Final - Jillian Lewis

I was torn about choosing between Jillian Lewis and Christian Siriano, mainly because Jillian creates clothes that I would wear, clothes that any woman would wear. This season was particularly difficult to judge. All of the designers had a very distinct point of view and inspiration. As for Jillian, I think she gets inspired by clothing that she herself might wear. Her clothes have a certain funkiness that modern women love. She continued her inspiration from the final challenge at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Her collection was very creative and if she somehow created a common thread throughtout I believe she might have won.

Every piece in her collection resonates with what woman want to wear including the dress Jillian had on. Who else thought she should have included that dress in the collection! Where can I buy it? She created a bunch of knit pieces that I believe no other Project Runway finalist has done. What you cannot see in these photos online is just how detailed her work really is. We all remember the melodrama surrounding Jillian's inability to manage her time. With all the extra time she had to work on her collection, she was more than able to fine tune all the details.

The one criticism from the judges came from Nina Garcia, who believed that Jillian's collection may have had too many inspirations because it seemed a little disjointed. I do agree in that sense because she didn't put on a cohesive show, however she did create a great line that I believe is the most marketable out of all three. Now the question is, where can I buy a Jillian Lewis piece?


No comments: